Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Formula and Tantrums



More at Flickr of course.

Not much of a post because we don't go anywhere too exciting or do much of anything, but thought I'd document some stuff.

Hayden's almost exclusively on formula now... my milk supply just tanked last week and I was hardly able to pump anything at work. So he started getting formula during the day, and then at night he'd nurse and nurse and nurse and still suck his hands so I offered him a bottle and he sucked the whole thing down! Poor baby was starving. But you wouldn't think it, looking at the little tank.

But then tonight, all he's wanted to do is nurse. He won't take a bottle from me at all. I guess that's common, but I don't exactly have anyone else handy here to give him the bottle. So he nursed for a while and seemed satisfied and just went to bed. I guess we'll see how soon he wakes up.

Haleigh is just one big tantrum lately. Trying to figure out how to get her to stop telling us no, to stop yelling all the time, and to actually eat some food for me and Chad. She eats great for the sitter during the day, ALL day in fact, but lately she's refused to eat anything but oatmeal for me. I guess maybe she's not really hungry because she eats so good for 2.5 meals at the babysitter, but I just worry because she's *still* 25 pounds and just as skinny as a rail. She's in 3T clothes because she's tall, though the pants just fall right off.

Other times she's just so pleasant and sweet. She's especially sweet to Hayden all of the time, and most nights at bedtime she'll snuggle with me in her bed for a little bit, but then she looks over at me and says, "Okay, get up now Mommy."

Hayden sleeps in his crib all night now, with one feeding anywhere from 1am to 4am. He smiles and coos and 'talks' like crazy. I love that he gets so much attention and interaction with the babysitter and the other kids all day. And we've been lucky so far that he hasn't gotten sick because it's gone around through all the other kids, Haleigh's had it and I've had it twice. Hopefully we can keep healthy!

No comments: