Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Something nicer to read...

Had a much nicer day today :o)

I had scheduled my 6-week postbaby appointment for 9:30 this morning, and arranged to meet my cousin and her new baby at the mall at 11. Lying in bed last night, I started freaking out about this because how was I going to make Haleigh's limited good mood last from 9:30 through lunch, play time at the mall, and at least two nursing sessions with Hayden?? AND possibly no nap???

I was so close to calling my grandparents at 8:30am and asking them to take Haleigh for the morning so I could have a peaceful dr. appointment. Because how do you stop your child from opening cabinets in an exam room when you're sitting up on a table naked under a paper napkin, afraid to move because yes the dr. knocks, but she doesn't PAUSE after that knock, and would no doubt see everything. I always wonder what they would do if I took my own bathrobe to one of those appointments.

But I digress. Haleigh was well-behaved! Luckily, they have child locks on the cabinets so all I had to do was bust out the Teddy Grahams and water bottle and I was good to go for at least 10 minutes. Too bad it took the dr. 20 minutes to find my exam room.

But Haleigh was still good because I asked her every 30 seconds or so to check on Hayden who was sleeping in his carseat on the floor next to me. She'd give me a full report every time: he is sleeping, with his eyes closed, and his mouth closed, and has a blanket, a blue and yellow blanket, and he doesn't eat Teddy Grahams, because he only drinks mommy's milk, and I like milk, do you have any milk for me mommy, okay can we get some?

No comments: