Saturday, September 22, 2007

Time to complain a bit - Photo in post below from earlier

So I've had a fever of over 101 on and off since Wednesday night with overall flu-like symptoms and just general cruddyness feeling. I didn't think to call the dr. because the Ibuprofen was working and Friday I felt fine without any meds. Of course this morning my right boob is on fire and the fever returns. On a Saturday.

Chad just picked up the antibiotics the on-call dr. called in for me and I should feel better sometime in the middle of the night. Why am I up now? To eat something with the antibiotics and to write this out so I feel a little better. It helps. And it's my blog.

I was not feeling well most of the day today, but still had both kiddos ALL DAY by myself. And had to take them to Toys 'R' Us for an ahem last minute gift (Happy Birthday Hannah!) that Haleigh picked out herself. That half hour or so was the ONLY time she wasn't spouting sass and jumping around like a maniac. And I swear I didn't give her ANY sugar besides the cinnamon applesauce she had with lunch. And she has that all the time and doesn't freak out like this.

She just knows how to push my buttons now. And I've been trying, really TRYING, to pay her equal or more attention than I do Hayden, but the younger is attached to a boob probably 20 hours out of the day! Okay not really, but his long nap is at the same time as hers so we don't even get quality time then either. He put himself on that schedule... I think he's already trying to piss her off.

So this evening, after she wouldn't eat much for dinner, and I was feeding Hayden on the couch, she proceeds to bring her over-half-full cup of milk from dinner across the livingroom to the bookshelf. Her water bottle is supposed to stay on that shelf so she doesn't set it on the couch and knock it over and it leaks and leaks until I find it an hour later EMPTY.

Anyways! I ask her, from the couch with baby attached, in an up-beat tone, "Hey would ya leave that milk on your table there because I don't want it to spill." Her response as she CONTINUES to walk toward the shelf? "Uhhh... no." And her doll stroller was sitting directly in front of the shelf so I knew she'd have to reach far to even get it up on the shelf... she got it halfway onto the shelf. And milk went everywhere. I didn't have time to unattach baby, lie him down without burping (yikes) and stop her. Though I did have to unattach baby in a hurry, lie him down without burping (all okay) and clean up milk EVERYWHERE all over her toys, the carpet, MY books, photo albums and sheet music on the bottom shelf... apparently I should move those more important things.

So she had time-out for three minutes, and she calmed down faster than I thought she would. I was very angry and I think she was scared of me the way I came flying across the room, so she sat there and bawled while I cleaned up. I didn't even touch her though, just zoomed past and started moving things still in the milk's path. We hugged and said I love you and she went back to play, Hayden went back to eating (of course he did!).

Shortly after things were back to normal - normal meaning sass and attitude - Chad called to say he'd be about another hour and I just broke down. I really needed someone else there for her to be mean to and take advantage of. So he came home and she went to bed early. So did Hayden and I. What a day.

No comments: